Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Solace

Landratte

• »Solace« ist der Autor dieses Themas

• Nachricht senden

09.11.2010, 22:50

Ship movements

Hello I am new to the game and first of all I would like to say that I am really liking what i have seen so far from the game.

This post, however, is not for praise, but for critique :).
Whenever my fleets move the duration of the entire assault is calculated, but if my island moves away from my target should the time it takes for my fleet to get back from the target not increase? Or vice-versa if i attack my target and then move closer, when my fleet is on the way home should its arrival time not be shorter?

Es haben sich bereits 4 Gäste bedankt.

Jodis

Seebär

Beruf: hab ich

• Nachricht senden

10.11.2010, 08:47

We discussed this point a couple of times in the german forumpart.

The result was, that this is a good strategical element and should not be changed.

The time your ships need for the complete way is calculated at the moment you send your fleet. So you know exactly when it arrives by the target and when it's back home.

If the way in- or decreases with the distance to your target (and both could move its island!) you would never know for sure when your ships arrive. But in a couple of cases you want/have to know this exactly!

Gama

Kapitän

• Nachricht senden

10.11.2010, 08:49

Hello,

it's that way because it would be to hard for the whole system (hardware) if we calculate every movement of the island and the ships all the time. So we calculate the duration from the point where you start the attack.

Kind regards

edit: Jodis arguments are also right and point out why it is this way we did it ;)
Computer says noooooo